Help the League for Programming Freedom
You can help by doing any of the following. If you are interested in some of the tasks and ideas presented here, contact us to offer your help. Ask lpf @ voluntocracy.org for further details.
- Join the League for Programming Freedom
- Tell others about the League for Programming Freedom.
- Add a link to the LPF home page, URL: http://progfree.org/ to your home pages, and ask others to do so. Use this logo if you want.
- Share copies of the LPF position papers, Against Software Patents and Against User Interface Copyright with your friends, colleagues and customers. Pass them out at conferences, trade shows, user group meetings, etc.
- If you work on software, you can personally help prevent software patents by refusing to cooperate in applying for them. The details of this may depend on the situation.
In the United States, another way to help is to contact Congress.
You can write to your own senators and representative, but it may be
even more effective to write to the subcommittees that consider such
House Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts and Competition 2137 Rayburn Bldg Washington, DC 20515
Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Intellectual Property United States Senate Washington, DC 20510
You can find your senators and representative, and ways to contact them, here: Congress.org